Basil Shrimp Fettuccine Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup each chopped sweet yellow and red pepper
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, saute the onion, peppers and garlic in oil until tender. In a small bowl, combine flour and milk until smooth. Add to vegetable mixture. Stir in the seasonings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; add shrimp and basil. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain pasta; place in a large bowl. Add shrimp mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Basil Shrimp Fettuccine
Sort By :
Made this over the weekend and it was a easy recipe to make. We enjoyed it but I did add lemon pepper to give it a more distinct flavor.
everytime i make this dish i hide it from my family. this is toooo good to share
The overall taste was great. Next time, instead of adding the shrimp to the liquid, I will quick saute them in a separate pan so I can more easily tell when they're done.
I tend to leave out the cayenne pepper as I think it creates too much spice for the dish. Other than that, this is great recipe!!
My family loves this recipe! I usually leave out the cayenne pepper and add more garlic.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >