- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash salt and white pepper
- 8 uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a small bowl, combine the basil, oil, butter, mustard, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour 3 tablespoons into a small resealable plastic bag; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; let stand at room temperature for 15-20 minutes. Set remaining marinade aside.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto two metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Basil Shrimp in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p184
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Basil Shrimp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 29, 2011
"this is wonderful!! Quick, easy & delicious!!"