Basil Sauce for Tenderloin Recipe
This sauce packs a punch! Garlic, basil and pepper make it terrific for perking up pork and other meats. June Rischitelli of McKeesport, Pennsylvania submitted the recipe. You can also use this flavorful sauce to perk up poultry.
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted sweet red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon juice
- Dash garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- Grilled pork tenderloin
- In a small bowl, combine tomatoes and water. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain. Transfer to a small food processor. Add the mayonnaise, basil, oil, red pepper, lemon juice, garlic powder and pepper; cover and process until blended. Serve with pork tenderloin. Yield: 1/4 cup.
Originally published as Basil Sauce for Tenderloin in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p58
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Basil Sauce for Tenderloin(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Condiments >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Tenderloin Recipes >
- Quick Pork Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Sauces & Toppings Recipes >