Homemade pesto adds instant flair to these tasty salmon fillets. While they bake in the oven, you can assemble the simple green salad.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon plus 4 teaspoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- For pesto, combine the basil, oil, garlic, pepper, lemon juice, salt
- and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese in a food processor; cover and
- process until finely chopped.
- Place the salmon in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread 2
- tablespoons pesto over fillets. (Cover and refrigerate remaining
- pesto for another use.)
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 2-3 minutes
- longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 205 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 223 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 10 g protein.