Basil Salmon Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon plus 4 teaspoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1. For pesto, combine the basil, oil, garlic, pepper, lemon juice, salt and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped.
- 2. Place the salmon in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread 2 tablespoons pesto over fillets. (Cover and refrigerate remaining pesto for another use.)
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 205 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 223mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 10g protein
Reviews for Basil Salmon
"This is one of our favorite ways to prepare salmon. When basil isn't in season, we'll cheat and use prepared pesto. It's delicious!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.