Tender red potatoes get a light coating of butter, wine and basil for a side that's just right almost any main dish. Bernadette Bennett - Waco, TX
- 7 cups water
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons dry red wine or beef broth
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- Dash garlic salt
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, potatoes and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 7-10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Basil Red Potatoes in Simple & Delicious May/June 2009, p49
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Basil Red Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 14, 2009
"Easy and good flavor. I used red cooking wine."