Basil Red Potatoes
Tender red potatoes get a light coating of butter, wine and basil for a side that's just right almost any main dish. Bernadette Bennett - Waco, TX
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 7 cups water
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons dry red wine or beef broth
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- Dash garlic salt
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, potatoes and bouillon. Bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 7-10 minutes or until
- tender. Drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 210 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 414 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011
, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now