- 7 cups water
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons dry red wine or beef broth
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- Dash garlic salt
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, potatoes and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 7-10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Basil Red Potatoes
Sort By :
Easy and good flavor. I used red cooking wine.