- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- Mix first four ingredients; gradually stir in 1 tablespoon oil (mixture will be crumbly). Rub over both sides of pork chops.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat; cook chops until a thermometer reads 145°, 4-6 minutes per side. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Basil Pork Chops
"Awesome pork chops. Really crispy."
"This was just okay. It tasted like slightly sweet and spicy, but no real flavor, it's hard to describe. I won't even eat the leftovers."
"Cooked this again tonight. This has become my husband's favorite. Just an F.Y.I. - It is just as good or maybe even better with Center Cut bone-in pork chops."
"I substitute olive oil for the canola oil. I made it using paprika as I was out of chili powder. My mother-in-law, husband, and sons (16,5, and 5) all loved it. Another time, I was in a bind and needed something ready for when we got home from the gym, so I threw it in the crock pot on high for 1 hour 30 minutes. The kids loved it! Will definitely keep making this!"
"Wow. I do not know what everyone is talking about. This was the worst pork recipe I have ever experienced. The smell was awful and the taste was worse. I would not recommend this to anyone. Not trying to be mean but I am pretty upset that I wasted my pork chops. This rating is inaccurate in my opinion."
"Very easy to prepare even taste great with bone in pork chops. I will definately fix again."
"My husband and I are picky eaters... We loved this dish. Delicious recipe!"
"I'm not going to rate this because it is possible that I did something wrong, but I don't think so. I don't see what all of the fuss is about. Maybe I didn't really like it because I like meat that is savory rather than sweet. That said, I won't try it again."
"Yum, Yum, Yum. Of course I have a sweet-tooth. I loved them and can't wait to make them again. Also, very quick and easy."