Basil Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, basil, salt and chili powder. Gradually stir in 1 tablespoon oil until crumbly. Rub over both sides of pork chops.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook pork in remaining oil over medium heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 152 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 312 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.