- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- Mix first four ingredients; gradually stir in 1 tablespoon oil (mixture will be crumbly). Rub over both sides of pork chops.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat; cook chops until a thermometer reads 145°, 4-6 minutes per side. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Basil Pork Chops
"My husband and I both thought this was delicious! I used bone-in "pork porterhouse" chops. Next time I may try omitting the oil from the rub, as there seemed to be an unnecessary ocean of it left in the skillet. And there will be a next time."
"Awesome pork chops. Really crispy."
"This was just okay. It tasted like slightly sweet and spicy, but no real flavor, it's hard to describe. I won't even eat the leftovers."
"Cooked this again tonight. This has become my husband's favorite. Just an F.Y.I. - It is just as good or maybe even better with Center Cut bone-in pork chops."
"I substitute olive oil for the canola oil. I made it using paprika as I was out of chili powder. My mother-in-law, husband, and sons (16,5, and 5) all loved it. Another time, I was in a bind and needed something ready for when we got home from the gym, so I threw it in the crock pot on high for 1 hour 30 minutes. The kids loved it! Will definitely keep making this!"
"Wow. I do not know what everyone is talking about. This was the worst pork recipe I have ever experienced. The smell was awful and the taste was worse. I would not recommend this to anyone. Not trying to be mean but I am pretty upset that I wasted my pork chops. This rating is inaccurate in my opinion."
"Very easy to prepare even taste great with bone in pork chops. I will definately fix again."
"My husband and I are picky eaters... We loved this dish. Delicious recipe!"