8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 3 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a blender or food processor, combine garlic, salt and pine nuts;
- cover and process until finely chopped. Add basil and olive oil;
- puree until smooth. Add cheese and process just until combined.
- Serve with pasta or grilled meats of vegetables. Yield: 1 cup.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.