- 2-1/2 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 pound Canadian bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onions in oil until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, bacon, basil and pepper; cook and stir until tomatoes are softened. Rinse and drain pasta; stir into tomato mixture. Add half of the cheese.
- Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Basil Pasta Shells in Taste of Home October/November 1999, p17
Reviews for Basil Pasta Shells
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 27, 2011
"My family loves the combination of canadian bacon and tomatoes. Sometimes I substitute a can of diced roasted tomatoes or even salsa to mix it up a bit."