With fresh basil and tomatoes in the dressing, this refreshing salad delightfully captures the flavor of summer.
- TOMATO BASIL DRESSING:
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, basil, onions, oil, lemon juice, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper if desired. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions until firm to the bite; drain and rinse with cold water. Transfer to a large salad bowl. Stir in the ham, olives and basil. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Basil Pasta and Ham Salad in Country Pork 1996, p11
Reviews for Basil Pasta and Ham Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review