Basil Parsley Pesto
--Taste of Home Test Kitchen
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1 cup tightly packed fresh basil or cilantro leaves
- 1 cup tightly packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor; cover and puree until
- smooth. Toss with hot cooked pasta or vegetables, spread on French
- bread or use in any recipe calling for pesto. Can be refrigerated
- for several weeks or frozen in a tightly covered container. Yield:
- 3/4 cup.