This is a simple, elegant dish using fresh basil. Our university women's gourmet group raved about it, and due to its simplicity, it has become my favorite entertaining dish.—Laura Hamilton, Belleville, Ontario
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- For dressing, combine 1/4 cup oil, basil, vinegar, 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese and sugar in a saucepan over low heat. Meanwhile, combine shrimp and remaining cheese.
- In a large skillet, heat butter and remaining oil. Add shrimp; saute for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain on paper towels. Serve on lettuce; drizzle with warm dressing. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Basil Parmesan Shrimp in Taste of Home June/July 2000, p41
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Basil Parmesan Shrimp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review