- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- For dressing, combine 1/4 cup oil, basil, vinegar, 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese and sugar in a saucepan over low heat. Meanwhile, combine shrimp and remaining cheese.
- In a large skillet, heat butter and remaining oil. Add shrimp; saute for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain on paper towels. Serve on lettuce; drizzle with warm dressing. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Basil Parmesan Shrimp
Sort By :
Delicious -- except that I skipped the cooking the shrimp in butter and sauteed it in the dressing without the Parmesan. Sprinkled the cheese over and drizzled with the rest of the dressing. Served sprinkled with fresh grated Parmesan. Superb!
Suspect this would be great chilled but it didn't last that long.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Quick Appetizers >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Finger Food Recipes >
- Quick Main Dish Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Seafood Appetizers >
- Seafood Recipes >
- Shrimp Appetizers >