Basil Parmesan Puffs
These cute little bites are ideal served with soup, salads, pasta and so much more! Minced fresh basil lends a burst of flavor. Amber McKinley - Punta Gorda, Florida
27 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min./batch
- 3/4 cup water
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large saucepan, bring water, butter
- and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth
- ball forms. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at
- a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until
- mixture is smooth and shiny. Stir in basil and cheese.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 1 in. apart onto greased baking
- sheets. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire
- racks. Serve warm. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 puff equals 59 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 139 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat.