These cute little bites are ideal served with soup, salads, pasta and so much more! Minced fresh basil lends a burst of flavor. Amber McKinley - Punta Gorda, Florida
- 3/4 cup water
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large saucepan, bring water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Stir in basil and cheese.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 1 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Basil Parmesan Puffs in Simple & Delicious September/October 2009, p60
Reviews for Basil Parmesan Puffs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review