Basil Parmesan Pasta Sauce Recipe
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Hot cooked spaghetti or linguine
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, saute garlic in oil until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until blended (mixture will be thick). Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; gradually stir in Parmesan cheese and basil until cheese is melted. Serve over pasta. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (1/2 cup) equals 132 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 554 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 0.55 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 fat-free milk.