Basil-Parmesan Angel Hair Recipe
"I've given this recipe to many people and they all love how quick and simple it is," says San Diego, California's Barbara Dorsett. Try the delightful pasta alongside your favorite main course.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Additional fresh basil
- 12 lemon slices
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to the pan. Add oil; toss to coat. Add the milk, cheese, onions, basil, lemon peel, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Sprinkle with additional basil. Serve with lemon. Yield: 12 servings.
2/3 equals 203 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 219 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC