"I've given this recipe to many people and they all love how quick and simple it is," says San Diego, California's Barbara Dorsett. Try the delightful pasta alongside your favorite main course.
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Additional fresh basil
- 12 lemon slices
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to the pan. Add oil; toss to coat. Add the milk, cheese, onions, basil, lemon peel, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Sprinkle with additional basil. Serve with lemon. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Basil-Parmesan Angel Hair in Light & Tasty August/September 2005, p12
Reviews for Basil-Parmesan Angel Hair
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review