Basil Orange Chops Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1. In a large skillet, brown pork chops and onion over medium heat in oil until no longer pink. Stir in the orange juice, peel and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook until meat juices run clear. Remove chops and keep warm.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water until smooth; add to the skillet. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with the chops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 105 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 9mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, trace fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Basil Orange Chops
"I thought it was ok, it was missing something. I added some soy sauce to it. We ate it with rice and a side veggies."