Basil Orange Chops Recipe
This is a delicious main course that comes together easily when time is short. It's special enough for company!—Lori Blevins, Douglasville, Georgia
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1. In a large skillet, brown pork chops and onion over medium heat in oil until no longer pink. Stir in the orange juice, peel and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook until meat juices run clear. Remove chops and keep warm.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water until smooth; add to the skillet. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with the chops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 105 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC