- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops and onion over medium heat in oil until no longer pink. Stir in the orange juice, peel and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook until meat juices run clear. Remove chops and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water until smooth; add to the skillet. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with the chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Basil Orange Chops in Quick Cooking November/December 2001, p7
Reviews for Basil Orange Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2012
"I thought it was ok, it was missing something. I added some soy sauce to it. We ate it with rice and a side veggies."