This recipe is our favorite use for our summer crop of basil. We even grow a monster leaf variety of basil just to create this pasta. —Janine M Colasurdo, Chesapeake, Virginia
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + standing Cook: 5 min.
- 1-1/4 cups fresh basil leaves
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Place basil in a food processor; cover and process until finely
- chopped. Add flour; process until blended. Add the eggs, water and
- oil. Process for 15-20 seconds or until dough forms a ball.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about
- 8-10 minutes. Cover and let rest for 30 minutes. Divide into
- On a floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/16-in.
- thickness. Roll up jelly-roll style and cut into 1/4-in. slices.
- Separate and unroll the slices. Hang to dry or let stand on a clean
- towel for 1 hour. Cook noodles in boiling salted water for 4-5
- minutes or until tender; drain. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 208 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 27 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.