Basil Noodles Recipe
This recipe is our favorite use for our summer crop of basil. We even grown a monster leaf variety of basil just to create this pasta.Janine M Colasurdo, Chesapeake, Virginia
- 1-1/4 cups fresh basil leaves
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Place basil in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Add flour; process until blended. Add the eggs, water and oil. Process for 15-20 seconds or until dough forms a ball.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 8-10 minutes. Cover and let rest for 30 minutes. Divide into fourths.
- On a floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/16-in. thickness. Roll up jelly-roll style and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Separate and unroll the slices. Hang to dry or let stand on a clean towel for 1 hour. Cook noodles in boiling salted water for 4-5 minutes or until tender; drain. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Basil Noodles in Taste of Home August/September 2008, p26
Reviews for Basil Noodles(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2012
great way to use garden basil. these are really good and easy to make
Reviewed Nov. 9, 2010
These were very good, just served as a side dish with a pat of butter, a sprinkle of freshly grated parmesan and some salt and pepper.