- 1-1/4 cups fresh basil leaves
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Place basil in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Add flour; process until blended. Add the eggs, water and oil. Process for 15-20 seconds or until dough forms a ball.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 8-10 minutes. Cover and let rest for 30 minutes. Divide into fourths.
- On a floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/16-in. thickness. Roll up jelly-roll style and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Separate and unroll the slices. Hang to dry or let stand on a clean towel for 1 hour. Cook noodles in boiling salted water for 4-5 minutes or until tender; drain. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Basil Noodles
Sort By :
"I used 1 cup wheat flour and 2 cups AP flour. Following the instructions, the noodles came out thicker than we liked. Next time, I will use our pasta roller to thin the pasta and then also to cut the fettucine. I dried the noodles on our laundry drying rack. The aroma of the cooked noodles was amazing! We served them with a homemade alfredo sauce and crispy baked chicken tenders. Very yummy recipe!"
"great way to use garden basil. these are really good and easy to make"
"These were very good, just served as a side dish with a pat of butter, a sprinkle of freshly grated parmesan and some salt and pepper."