Basil-Mint Chicken Thighs Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (4 ounces each)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves
- 1. Place chicken thighs in large resealable plastic bag. In a blender, combine the remaining ingredients. Cover and process until pureed. Add to bag. Seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 inches from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°-175°. Yield: 6 servings.
1 chicken thigh equals 202 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 346 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Basil-Mint Chicken Thighs
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.