Basil Marmalade Scones Recipe
Orange marmalade and fragrant basil give these delightful scones a slightly sweet, garden-fresh flavor. They’re tender and moist and perfect with morning or afternoon tea. —Hannah Wallace, Wenatchee, Washington
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in basil. Whisk eggs and milk; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 5 times.
- 2. Divide dough in half. Transfer one portion to a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Pat into a 7-in. circle. Spread marmalade to within 1/2 in. of edge. Pat remaining dough into a 7-in. circle. Place over marmalade; seal edges. Cut into eight wedges, but do not separate.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 scones.
1 scone equals 224 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 308 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Basil Marmalade Scones
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC