Basil Marmalade Scones Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in basil. Whisk eggs and milk; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 5 times.
- Divide dough in half. Transfer one portion to a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Pat into a 7-in. circle. Spread marmalade to within 1/2 in. of edge. Pat remaining dough into a 7-in. circle. Place over marmalade; seal edges. Cut into eight wedges, but do not separate.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 scones.
Reviews for Basil Marmalade Scones(2)
Sort By :
I made these for a brunch and everyone loved them. It's a delicious and unique flavor combination that's worth trying! I will definitely make again. (Oh, I used fresh basil and the aroma was heavenly.)
This recipe was a hit with the kids as well as myself :) It has a fresh taste and the marmalade provides sweetness. I did serve with a small piece of butter on top, but it does not really need it.