Basil-Marinated Fish Recipe
- 1/4 cup Basil Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon each chopped, fresh basil, thyme, oregano and parsley or 1 teaspoon each dried basil, thyme, oregano and parsley flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 orange roughy fillets or halibut fillets (1 pound)
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the vinegar, oil, herbs, garlic, lemon peel, salt and pepper. Add fillets; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, turning once or twice.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill fillets, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 145 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 366 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 3 lean meat.
Reviews for Basil-Marinated Fish
"Buenisimo!!! As we say in Mexico!!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.