- 1/4 cup Basil Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon each chopped, fresh basil, thyme, oregano and parsley or 1 teaspoon each dried basil, thyme, oregano and parsley flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 orange roughy fillets or halibut fillets (1 pound)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the vinegar, oil, herbs, garlic, lemon peel, salt and pepper. Add fillets; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, turning once or twice.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill fillets, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Basil-Marinated Fish in Light & Tasty April/May 2001, p50
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Basil-Marinated Fish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 16, 2009
Buenisimo!!! As we say in Mexico!!
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Grilled Fish >
- Grilled Halibut >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >