Basil-Garlic Green Beans
“These are a result of getting my son, Mark, to eat green beans. He loves them extra garlicky,” says Jenny Witcraft of Cleveland, Ohio.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 5 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, cubed
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- Place beans in a large Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain
- and keep warm.
- In the same pan, melt butter. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute or until
- golden brown. Add basil and beans; toss to coat. Yield: 12
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 56 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 37 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.