- 3 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 5 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, cubed
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- Place beans in a large Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and keep warm.
- In the same pan, melt butter. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute or until golden brown. Add basil and beans; toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Basil-Garlic Green Beans in Light & Tasty December/January 2008, p43
Reviews for Basil-Garlic Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 8, 2012
It was fast, easy, and everyone with dietary limits could eat it. It was a bid hit!
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Easy Christmas Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Green Bean Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >