Basil Garlic Crescents
"I enjoy creating recipes that are quick, easy and impressive," says Sharon Setzer of Gig Harbor, Washington. These buttery bite-size rolls are great as appetizers or alongside a special meal.
24 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a food processor, combine cottage cheese, butter and cream cheese;
- cover and process until smooth. Add flour; cover and process until
- mixture forms a ball.
- Divide dough into two portions. On a floured surface, roll each
- portion into a 10-in. circle. Brush with oil. Sprinkle with Parmesan
- cheese, basil and garlic powder. Cut each circle into 12 wedges.
- Roll up wedges from the wide end and place pointed side down 2 in.
- apart on greased baking sheets. Curve ends of each to form a
- crescent shape. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden
- brown. Remove to wire racks; serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 105 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium,