- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a food processor, combine cottage cheese, butter and cream cheese; cover and process until smooth. Add flour; cover and process until mixture forms a ball.
- Divide dough into two portions. On a floured surface, roll each portion into a 10-in. circle. Brush with oil. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, basil and garlic powder. Cut each circle into 12 wedges.
- Roll up wedges from the wide end and place pointed side down 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Curve ends of each to form a crescent shape. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks; serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Basil Garlic Crescents
"With all the delicious ingredients, I expected these to be better. My husband said they were "ok" and my bread fiend children took one bite and turned them down! However, the next day I warmed one of the leftovers up and it was much improved. Also, I would say that they do not need as much filling (parm cheese, etc) that is called for."