Here's a crusty, crunchy bread that goes together in minutes and is great with all kinds of pasta dishes! Deni Adkins - Scottsboro, Alabama
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread, halved lengthwise
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; spread over cut sides of bread. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into 2-in. slices. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Basil-Garlic Cheese Bread in Simple & Delicious November/December 2008, p25
Reviews for Basil-Garlic Cheese Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2010
"Very good, my grand kids love it."
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2009
"very good! thought it was weird to add lemon juice but did and it was great! keeper! my brother said best garlic bread ever"