- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread, halved lengthwise
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; spread over cut sides of bread. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into 2-in. slices. Yield: 10 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Basil-Garlic Cheese Bread
Sort By :
We loved this! We had enough spread for two meals. We served it the first time with the Hawaiian Chicken recipe found here from Taste of Home (TOH) and then with the Chicken Florentine Meatball recipe also from TOH. Wonderful addition for two meals for us.
Very good, my grand kids love it.
very good! thought it was weird to add lemon juice but did and it was great! keeper! my brother said best garlic bread ever