Basil Garlic Bread Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, parsley, basil and garlic. Cover and microwave until butter is melted. Stir in cheese.
- 2. Cut the bread in half lengthwise; place cut side down on an uncovered grill over medium heat for 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Brush cut side with the butter mixture. Grill or broil 1-2 minutes longer. Yield: 4 servings.
1 piece: 280 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 555mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Basil Garlic Bread
"I used dried parsley and basil because it's what I had on hand. Very fast dish to put together and everyone loved it. Leftovers froze and reheated great!"
"This was pretty good, but I did think it could use some more flavor. Next time I would increase the basil and maybe add some onion salt. The parsley doesn't add a lot to the taste although it makes the bread look wonderful to serve."