Basil Garlic Bread
This is a must have accompaniment in my home. It goes well with Italian dishes to a simple salad dishes.—Stephanie Moon, Boise, Idaho.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, parsley, basil and
- garlic. Cover and microwave until butter is melted. Stir in cheese.
- Cut the bread in half lengthwise; place cut side down on an uncovered
- grill over medium heat for 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Brush
- cut side with the butter mixture. Grill or broil 1-2 minutes longer.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 280 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 555 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.