Basil Flavored Butter
During the summer we have a bountiful supply of fresh basil. I make up a several batches of Garlic Basil Butter at one time, freeze them for use throughout the year. It can be used on vegetables, fish, corn, warm bread...you'll find many uses for this tasty butter. —Donna Noecker, Plano, Texas
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients until well blended. Transfer
- to a sheet of plastic wrap; roll into a 1-in. diameter log.
- Refrigerate until firm. Yield: 1/2 cup.