Basil Fettuccine Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the yogurt, Parmesan cheese, basil, salt and pepper; set aside.
- 2. In a small nonstick skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute or until tender. Drain fettuccine; transfer to a large bowl. Add garlic and oil; toss to coat. Add the yogurt mixture; toss until well coated. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 290 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 447 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 fat.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.