Basil Fettuccine Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the yogurt, Parmesan cheese, basil, salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute or until tender. Drain fettuccine; transfer to a large bowl. Add garlic and oil; toss to coat. Add the yogurt mixture; toss until well coated. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Basil Fettuccine
Sort By :
This was disappointing. Just too bland. Needed more basil, more garlic, more something.
Pretty easy recipe, but not really worth the effort for the lack of flavor.
Easy and delicious! Especially good with fresh basil.
This was pretty good. I doubled the garlic since I love it.