Basil Dill Coleslaw Recipe
I was introduced to basil when I married into an Italian family. I loved the aromatic fragrance and flavor of the herb. I think it adds a unique flavor to this tasty slaw that’s a cool side to grilled meats. —June Cappetto, Seattle, Washington
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 6 cups shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix
- 3 to 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cabbage, basil and dill. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients until blended. Drizzle over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 138 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC