Basil Dill Coleslaw
I was introduced to basil when I married into an Italian family. I loved the aromatic fragrance and flavoI think it adds a unique flavor to this tasty slaw that’s a cool side to grilled meats. —June Cappetto, Seattle, WA
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 6 cups shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix
- 3 to 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, basil and dill. In a small bowl,
- whisk dressing ingredients until blended. Drizzle over cabbage
- mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 138 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable.