I was introduced to basil when I married into an Italian family. I loved the aromatic fragrance and flavor of the herb. I think it adds a unique flavor to this tasty slaw that’s a cool side to grilled meats. —June Cappetto, Seattle, Washington
- 6 cups shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix
- 3 to 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, basil and dill. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients until blended. Drizzle over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Basil Dill Coleslaw in Reminisce May/June 2002, p48
Reviews for Basil Dill Coleslaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review