Basil Cream Cheese Bruschetta
“This appealing appetizer takes classic bruschetta to new heights,” writes Michelle Wentz of Ft. Polk, Louisiana. “Instead of olive oil, these savory treats are spread with reduced-fat cream cheese, then topped with tomato, green onion and ripe olives.”
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 12 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped ripe olives
- 4 ounces PHILADELPHIA® 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese Spread
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 6-8 in. from the heat
- for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in a small bowl,
- combine the tomato, onion and olives; set aside.
- Combine cream cheese and basil; spread over the untoasted side of
- bread. Broil 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and edges
- are golden brown. Top with tomato mixture. Serve warm. Yield: 1
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 81 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.