Basil Cream Cheese Bruschetta Recipe
This appealing appetizer takes classic bruschetta to new heights. Instead of olive oil, these savory treats are spread with reduced-fat cream cheese, then topped with tomato, green onion and ripe olives.—Michelle Wentz, Fort Polk, Louisiana
- 12 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped ripe olives
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1. Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 6-8 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the tomato, onion and olives; set aside.
- 2. Combine cream cheese and basil; spread over the untoasted side of bread. Broil 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and edges are golden brown. Top with tomato mixture. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 slice equals 81 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC