Basil Cream Cheese Bruschetta Recipe
- 12 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped ripe olives
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1. Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 6-8 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the tomato, onion and olives; set aside.
- 2. Combine cream cheese and basil; spread over the untoasted side of bread. Broil 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and edges are golden brown. Top with tomato mixture. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 81 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 164mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch
Reviews for Basil Cream Cheese Bruschetta
"Delicious and different bruschetta, I will definitely be making this again."
"Love!! Very easy to make and is delicious!"
"Loved this recipe."
"Bruschetta is one of my favorite appetizers to serve at parties, and I've tried several different recipes, and this one is one of my favorites and a favorite amongst our friends who have tried all my different recipes. It IS best warm, and I love the fresh basil. Definitely recommend this recipe."
"Easy and impressive appetizer. Best when warm but delicious anytime!"