This appealing appetizer takes classic bruschetta to new heights. Instead of olive oil, these savory treats are spread with reduced-fat cream cheese, then topped with tomato, green onion and ripe olives.—Michelle Wentz, Fort Polk, Louisiana
- 12 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped ripe olives
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 6-8 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the tomato, onion and olives; set aside.
- Combine cream cheese and basil; spread over the untoasted side of bread. Broil 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and edges are golden brown. Top with tomato mixture. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Basil Cream Cheese Bruschetta in Taste of Home April/May 2006, p22
Reviews for Basil Cream Cheese Bruschetta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review