I love crabmeat any way it’s served, especially in these crab cakes. If you don’t have time to dash to the store, substitute 2 teaspoons of dried basil for the fresh. —Priscilla Gilbert, Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat, drained
- 6 saltines, finely crushed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Seafood cocktail sauce, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Stir in crab and cracker crumbs. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Shape mixture into four patties. In a large skillet, cook crab cakes in oil in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with cocktail sauce if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Basil Crab Cakes in Simple & Delicious April/May 2012, p43
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Basil Crab Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review