Basil Crab Cakes Recipe
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat, drained
- 6 saltines, finely crushed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Seafood cocktail sauce, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Stir in crab and cracker crumbs. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 2. Shape mixture into four patties. In a large skillet, cook crab cakes in oil in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with cocktail sauce if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 crab cake (calculated without cocktail sauce) equals 214 calories, 16 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 568 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 fat, 2 lean meat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.