Basil Corn on the Cob
Steaming the basil under the husks adds lots of flavor to these fantastic ears. Lime makes their sweet taste pop even more. —Diane Eaton, Campbell, California
6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + soaking Grill: 25 min.
- 6 large ears sweet corn in husks
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Dash salt
- Dash garlic salt
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- Lime wedges
- Carefully peel back corn husks to within 1 in. of bottoms; remove
- silk. In a small bowl, combine the butter, dried basil, sugar, salt
- and garlic salt; spread over corn. Place basil leaves over butter
- mixture. Rewrap corn in husks and secure with kitchen string. Place
- in a stockpot; cover with cold water. Soak for 20 minutes; drain.
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until
- tender, turning often. Serve with lime wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 ear of corn equals 225 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 145 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.