Basil Corn & Tomato Bake Recipe
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 4 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Additional minced fresh basil, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and condensed soup until blended. Stir in vegetables, bread crumbs, basil, salt and onion. Transfer mixture to an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. If desired, sprinkle with additional basil. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Basil Corn & Tomato Bake
Sort By :
This is the best side dish I have ever had!!! I will be taking this to every potluck I go to and will use it at home often.
It was okay but not something I would make again.
Not as good as it looks
I thought this was very good. I took it to a potluck for local farmers and received many compliments. My family loved it as well. It was simple, yet delicious and filling.
I served this side dish for my church choir and women's circle...many compliments and requests for the recipe..
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >