Basil Chicken Sandwiches
"I got the inspiration for this recipe when I knew my parents and in-laws were coming to see our new home," shares Kerry Durgin Krebs of New Market, Maryland. "My mother-in-law has food allergies, my father-in-law has some very specific food preferences and my parents appreciate light meals. I created this chicken sandwich with fresh basil for our lunch."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash paprika
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 6 tablespoons prepared olive oil vinaigrette salad dressing, divided
- 6 Italian or French sandwich rolls, split
- 18 basil leaves
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1/4 cup shredded Romano cheese
- In a bowl, combine the pepper, salt and paprika; sprinkle over
- chicken slices. In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook
- chicken in 2 tablespoons salad dressing for 4-5 minutes on each side
- or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Brush remaining salad dressing on rolls. Place basil leaves on rolls;
- top with chicken and red peppers. Sprinkle with Romano cheese.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 each) equals 309 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 698 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,