Basil Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash paprika
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 6 tablespoons prepared olive oil vinaigrette salad dressing, divided
- 6 Italian or French sandwich rolls, split
- 18 basil leaves
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1/4 cup shredded Romano cheese
- 1. In a bowl, combine the pepper, salt and paprika; sprinkle over chicken slices. In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook chicken in 2 tablespoons salad dressing for 4-5 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink.
- 2. Brush remaining salad dressing on rolls. Place basil leaves on rolls; top with chicken and red peppers. Sprinkle with Romano cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 309 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 698mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable
Reviews for Basil Chicken Sandwiches
"This is a very tasty sandwich and so easy to make. My family loves it."