Basil Chicken Medley
"Everyone who's tried this dish has raved about it," Susan Jansen of Smyrna, Georgia comments about her quick, colorful main course. "It's one I put together right in my own kitchen.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1-1/4 pounds), cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into chunks
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cooked rice or pasta
- Heat oil in a skillet; saute garlic. Add chicken and cook until no
- longer pink; remove and keep warm. Combine zucchini, tomato, basil,
- vinegar and pepper, toss to coat vegetables well.
- Add to skillet and stir-fry about 3 to 5 minutes. Return chicken to
- skillet and heat through. Serve immediately over rice or pasta.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 205 calories, 70 mg sodium, 73 mg cholesterol, 8 g carbohydrate, 28 g protein, 7 g fat. Diabetic Exchanges: three lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as