Basil Chicken Medley Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1-1/4 pounds), cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into chunks
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cooked rice or pasta
- 1. Heat oil in a skillet; saute garlic. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink; remove and keep warm. Combine zucchini, tomato, basil, vinegar and pepper, toss to coat vegetables well.
- 2. Add to skillet and stir-fry about 3 to 5 minutes. Return chicken to skillet and heat through. Serve immediately over rice or pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 205 calories, 7g fat (0g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 70mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 28g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Basil Chicken Medley
"Delicious! I used flavored vinegar (tarragon or white wine) for extra flavor."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer