"Everyone who's tried this dish has raved about it," Susan Jansen of Smyrna, Georgia comments about her quick, colorful main course. "It's one I put together right in my own kitchen.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1-1/4 pounds), cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into chunks
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cooked rice or pasta
- Heat oil in a skillet; saute garlic. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink; remove and keep warm. Combine zucchini, tomato, basil, vinegar and pepper, toss to coat vegetables well.
- Add to skillet and stir-fry about 3 to 5 minutes. Return chicken to skillet and heat through. Serve immediately over rice or pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Basil Chicken Medley in Taste of Home February/March 1993, p64
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Basil Chicken Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 9, 2009
"Delicious! I used flavored vinegar (tarragon or white wine) for extra flavor."