Basil Cherry Tomatoes
I especially like this light, refreshing salad in summer when cherry tomatoes from the garden are in abundance.Melissa Stevens, Elk River, Minnesota
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, basil, oil, salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve on lettuce if desired.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without salt) equals 42 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 14 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 vegetable.